Ten Ways Unfocused Anger Sabotages You
Unchanneled anger and frustration can affect
|Is Your Anger Making You Sick?
1. Intense anger blocks access to your intelligence.
2. The quality of your judgment is compromised.
3. Your intended message is drowned out by indignation and outrage.
Quality of Relationships
4. People tune out when you come at them from a place of anger.
5. You end up frustrated, lonely and isolated.
Physical and Emotional Health
6. Living with built up resentment causes stress overload.
7. Excess stress leads to impotency,
You may eat more, put on weight, and lose interest in sex.
8. Exhaustion leads to stress related attitudes of self-defeatism that slows you down and weakens your immune system, making you more prone to rhinitis.
Digestive tract diseases including bloating, irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis are some of the signs of a weakened immune response.
Other stress related conditions that involve suppressed anger and unprocessed negative emotions
- Stress and fear can cause tinnitus that is debilitating and makes you uncomfortable in social situations.
- Stress and unexpressed anger contribute to the incidence and chronic pain of fibromyalgia
- There is strong evidence that chronic lower back pain is associated with holding onto anger and a lack of willingness to forgive.
- Keeping your feelings in and not processing them can increase the likelihood of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Research indicates that feeling insecure in your relationships makes you more prone to stress and weakens your immune system.( Journal of Psychosomatic Medicine, 2001)
Don't allow yourself to be hijacked by anger and stress.
Call Dr. Jeanette Raymond, Psychologist, and manage your anger now.
CALL 310. 985. 2491